Kinds of hosting solutions
A hosting solution is associated with keeping and/or sharing given web content on a web hosting server handled by a web hosting distributor. There are different forms of hosting services utilized for different purposes, so let's examine them. In that way, you can choose what you want, depending on whether you'd like to create a blog, email accounts, or to share files with chums and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service supplied by some hosts, which permits you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole designation is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a list of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php web files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting solutions are often supported by exhibiting ads next to the download links, while a timer compels you to await a specific amount of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you run a paid file hosting package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limit when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting companies, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is an entirely false interpretation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would split the load between autonomous bunches of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending miscellaneous website hosting services (electronic mail, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, web space hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is only a variety of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; some suppliers offer a hosting solution for pictures solely. This hosting brand is good if you would like to share a big quantity of pics with chums or colleagues since the service is mostly free. You will get a random link for each image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for web pages.
- Email hosting: a service committed to administering your e-mail aliases. Some suppliers provide website hosting solutions for sites, but do not offer an e-mail hosting solution. If you wish to create a mail address with your domain name but do not want to possess a website, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can create e-mail address accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video clip creates a specific amount of CPU load, so with several videos and a few hundred web page viewers, you may have a hard time with your web site hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will allow you to operate as many video files as you would like without worrying about system reserves.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to keep a site. To a certain extent, it consists of all of the abovementioned hosting groups since, along with your web pages, you can also host images and files, you can have databases and e-mails, upload video clips, and so on. At SupremeServer Hosting, for example, you can have a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated hosting plans that enable you to have all of the aforesaid solutions in one location. There may be limits depending on the form of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your website hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the standard e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are purposed for particular web content only.